Monday, April 20, 2009

Bahay Kubo (Nipa Hut) - Cultural Filipino Homes - My World Tuesday / Photo Friday


The photo above is the cultural home for Filipinos captured in Eden Nature Park. This kind of house is rarely seen in the city but abundant in the provinces. My family have this kind of home in my province but I have not visited it for almost 11 years now.

For other awesome My World photos around the world, please visit My World Tuesday.

This photo will be participating also to Photo Friday Challenge this week with the theme of "Brown"

10 explorer comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Explorer: It is an interesting place in which to be a child. What wonderful landscape.

The Explorer said...

testing comments

Carver said...

That is so appealing to me tucked away in the trees. Beautiful shot.

Jenn said...

That's a nice kubo! Eden Nature Park is in Davao? Nice shot!

Louise said...

This is really pretty. I would like it as a weekend house.

Erin said...

lovely shot. house is almost tree-house like...beautiful scenery.

Esther said...

Hi explorer! The house looks very charming to me. How come they're built that way?

Lanny said...

That one tree is so close to the house! I would love to sit on the porch/deck and take in the view and the fragrance of the land it must be wonderful.

Bryan said...

Interesting home. The stair railing's pretty wacky.

The Explorer said...

fishing guy --> yes it is, the child will definitely have a wonderful life ahead...

thanks carver, erin

salamat jenn

Louise --> not just a weekend...a long vacation..c",)

Esther --> majority of this kind of hut, it is made of coconut tree dried leaves

Lanny --> I felt the same thing for that house.

Bryan --> I thought no one will noticed that

Thanks for all for dropping by

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008